Originally Appeared on LinkedIn:
Most PNG business websites have an Online contact form that requests people to use to contact the company. I have used some to contact respective companies but, to be honest, i never received a reply from any of my inquiries. Its worse when, TELIKOM (PNG), a communication company of high profile never got back to me since then (2 months ago) even though I sent the same message 3 times.
Easiloan, has an online application form feature that i filled out but, I got no response, whatsoever, so I called the number that was provided on the website and someone answered…
“Hello, I’m Zechariah Yakap from NPCP. I lodged an application online and didn’t get a response yet so I’m following up on that.”
Lady on the phone:
“Which email did you send it to?”
So, IT ENDED UP NOWHERE!?
There are five (5) possible reasons for this:
- Sadly, the email address specified in the contact form has a mistake.
- Maybe, the email addresses are not registered in the Mail Central.
- No one is assigned with the login details of those email addresses associated with the contact forms.
- Probably, those associated to the email addresses do not check the inboxes.
- Or worse, they just ignore the mail.
This affects the overall image of the company or organization because it:
- paints a bad impression of the organizations. Like my experience with Telikom PNG.
- Makes the inquirer feel that they are not being attended to.
- is a direct loss of potential clients/customers.
- Recheck the email addresses and make sure they are correct.
- Include at least two or three associated email addresses. This will help cover when the directly responsible person is out of office (leave or vacation).
- Assign Auto-forwarders.
- Configure automatic reply that has contact details to be referred to if the email or online form message is not being attended to.
- Configure phones to receive emails on the go!
Save your company image and retain potential clients,
do it now.
If you need someone to recheck your website and re-configure everything, let us know.